Charlotte blouse

10.2.16

I have recently decided to close the shop regarding pattern testing; not that I mean to stop doing it, just that I love so many designers by now it would be impossible to keep testing for everything new that comes around.
Jilly Atlanta was my final adittion to the list, first because she reached to me in such a nice way I couldn´t say no and also because I couldn´t resist that ruffled detailing on the new Charlotte Blouse.

The Charlotte is a blouse or dress, long or short sleeve, with a very simple construction but with a detailed ruffled bib that gives it THE magic touch.





I used a very light and very small cotton lawn from Miss Matatabi (this blue one is sold out but the grey one is lovely too): only 50cm to work with for a size 5 and it was used to the very last bit. The ruffled detail is constructed with bias strips which I had to join together since well, there was not enough fabric, ha! I also decided to roll hem each of them to avoid tearing from wear, so it´s a little less wide than the original pattern. The sleeves are gathered at the hem to give it an extra puffed look but I skipped it because I like the short sleeves like this.





The cotton lawn is really light, almost like a voile, it´ll be the perfect blouse for Spring or Summer ahead. The jeans are the Small Fry skinny jeans from Titchy Threads and I really need to work on a post about them and all the Rowans I´ve done too; it´s been like sweatshirt factory around here, haha!
And as you may have noticed by the pictures, I´ve got a new add to my camera lenses pack: a 50mm f/1.8 that has been making me crazy learning about the manual potential on my camera. I usually used a tripod with my zoom lenses but with this one I have to exercise around to get the shot I want. These were shot at 1/125 and f/2.8 with ISO 800 and autofocus because, well I tried manual and I suck haha! Feel free to comment "crazy woman what are you doing!?" it´s my learning curve ok?


17 comentários

  1. Beautiful top and pictures! And why would you ever use manual focus! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Olga you´re right, let´s let the camera do some of the work! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blouse and photos love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blouse is so, so pretty! The detail in the front really makes all the difference. I have a very similar lawn from Miss Matatabi (the flowers are a little different) and it really is so soft and totaly wrinkle-free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! And the lawn from Miss Matatabi is amazing, in fact everything there is haha!

      Delete
    2. I know, it really is... In about a month I am going to have a "one year of sewing garments"-post on my blog where i crunsh some sewing related numbers - and I can tell you, the amount of times I have ordered from Frances is nearly embarassing... =p

      Delete
  4. A lovely blouse and a lovely little model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's adorable!! I don't have girls but I'll definitely be looking this one up if I'm in need of a present to make - love the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are beautiful Andreia! Your daughter is just ADORABLE. The blouse is lovely too. I love the simplicity with a pop of fun detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this version of the blouse. It looks so pretty on your gorgeous girlie :) The photos are lovely! Don't be a lazy 'let's-just-use-an-autofocus' lady like me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is suuuuch a sweet pattern and your fabric choice is perfection!! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um maximo a camisa! Esta tua miuda é mesmo fofa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda a blusa e o tecido!! E a modelo é TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda! As fotos estão fantásticas!

    ReplyDelete